Sunday 21 April 2013

2012 Re-Cap!

Hi!

Once again, this blog post should have probably been done a lot earlier as we're already coming up full speed to May, but I guess better late than never, right? So here's a little re-cap of my 2012. 2013 is already looking up to being a great year, so I hope it can top last year!

I got the chance to go on an amazing weekend trip to London with my school early on in 2012. We got to visit Shakespeare's Globe and watch one of the performances as well as go on a tour around the globe.
We visited the Modern Tate art museum and also the Film History museum and then went on to see the west-end performance of Matilda in the evening. The next day we got to visit the Studio Tour of Harry Potter. I took lots and lots of photos! I'm a massive fan of Harry Potter, so it was a lot of fun to be there.
I also got to go to Chessington World of Adventures with my friends. It was my second time going to the park, but I loved it the first time. Despite the weather being horrendous throughout the day, it was a great laugh! We spent a lot of time in the shelter of the Bubbleworks Factory, as well as going around multiple times to try and get the perfect Grace Face in our photo.
Another school trip involved us visiting Ypres in Belgium. It was so interesting! I love history and it was so great to learn about the things. We got to walk through the trenches and visit Menin Gate and various cemeteries for the soldiers and I was with a lot of friends, so it was fun. Belgium also makes great chocolate!


 I also got to attend V Festival for the first time. This was my first ever festival, so I was super excited and there were a lot of acts playing that I was looking forward to. From going to the festival, my music taste actually widened a bit later on and I now like more different artists that I never really considered before. Plus, the weather was beautiful! Perfect for a festival.
 
 

 
I think my favourite act was Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. It was later in the evening and everyone was just so chilled and relaxed and it had such a great vibe that really lived up to festival expectations.
Two days after V Festival, I got to head on up to Tenerife with my family and some family friends for 10 days before going back to school! I love the sunshine and I love going on holiday. This holiday was actually a lot of fun despite having some hotel problems. It was a great way to spend time with my little brother as well.

Who doesn't love a great sunset photo and some good looking guys? It was my little brother's 12th birthday when we were out there, and the staff at the restaurant were so lovely! They brought him a cake and had everyone sing happy birthday as he blew out the candles. I took lots of photos of that! It was lovely.
When I got back from Tenerife, I got to see Lady Gaga in concert. It was my second time seeing her. First for the Monster Ball tour, and this was the BTW tour. I love Lady Gaga, and it was a great birthday present!
Isn't she wonderful?
 
Then, once back at school, I continued my travelling adventures to Normandy in France for a week! We did lots of activities including fencing, archery, bread making, assault courses in the mud (I got stuck in), rock climbing and more! It was great fun. As you can see, my great friends are doing the bunny ears behind my head. Haha, so funny... so very funny.

 
St. Mont Michael was a beautiful building. And come on; why wouldn't you be excited to see llamas?
 
I really had such a great 2012. It was full of lots of travelling adventures and I'm looking forward to more coming up soon! I'm going to V Festival again this year as well as Summer in the City. Also, on Tuesday, I'm heading over to Poland for four days for a history trip where I'll be involved in things such as visiting concentration camps there. I'm sorry for the extended blog, but I had to re-cap my great year! Maybe you could give my blog a follow:) It'd be lovely. Thanks!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment