Friday 31 May 2013

May 2013 Haul! (Small)

Hi everyone!
So, as I've recently had my birthday, I've had quite a bit of cash to splash out on some things while I've been shopping. May has been a very hectic month filled with school work, so I actually haven't had the chance to go out and properly look around. I went out today though, just one day before June! Perfect time, eh? So the haul isn't filled with much and it's only really cheap things that I've picked up for a bargain in Primark, but I'm still very happy with my ever-growning (packed) wardrobe. I'm also heading out to Camden on Sunday, so I guess I'll be starting on my June haul...
I won't be showing you everything I brought - like underwear for example. Who wants to see that? Or my new school shoes and the cork board I brought for my homework to be pinned up. Although, I got this new weekly whiteboard planner for my revision timetable and it's been working a charm!
Anyway, on with the haul!
Now, I've been wanting a denim dungaree playsuit for quite a while. I'm heading out to so many festivals this year, and I think this will be a real bonus to my wardrobe. I found this in Primark and I got it a couple of sizes bigger than I usually would because I wanted the shorts to be quite baggy - it looks quite nice! It's a nice acid wash, so it makes me feel a little bit 90's! It was £12, which is a lot cheaper than places such as Topshop, although I'm a massive fan of Topshop.

While I was at it, I thought I might as well pick up some long dungarees too. I know I'll get my wear out of these because I can either roll them up with some flip flops in the summer or I can shove some boots and an overshirt with them in the colder weather. Faboo! These were £17 from Primark. I loved the ripped knees too! Very grungey... I think I'll pair it with a flannel shirt round the waist.
When I was in HMV with my brother, I spotted this movie - it's new, but I've definitely mentioned wanting to see it before! Gangster Squad starring Emma Stone and the oh-so-lovely Ryan Gosling. I'm looking forward to watching this. I've heard it's good. I hope it's along the similar lines of gangster tales such as Scarface and The Godfather. It was £12.99.
I've also been needing some new flip flops, so I picked up these. They're super cute! Not what I'd usually buy, but they were only a fiver from Primark. I'm loving yellow this season, so they were perfect. And aren't the bumblebees cute? Adorable! There were also a bubblegum pink pair with flamingos on them, so I might just have to go and purchase those too.
I also needed to pick up some new belts, and found a couple of great ones in the sale. Firstly, there was this one. A studded cross chunky belt. This was £1.
 
And then this one: Also along the cross theme, but thinner and the crosses are jewelled. This was also £1. Is that a bargain or what?

Then, while prowling the sale area, I found this long necklace. It's made up of lots of little peace signs, and I love peace signs! It was once again just a £1. So £3 and I managed to pick up two belts and a necklace. Wow! These were all from Primark too.
Talking about the 90's, I also found this awesome chunky gold plate necklace. I love that it's really thick, unlike some chains, so I was very happy to find this. It was £6. I don't usually wear short necklaces because I find them uncomfortable, but I think this would go with a lot of things I have in my wardrobe.
Lastly, I brought my first bikini of the year! Yeah, I was pretty excited. The weather is warming up so much, so hopefully this will be put to use as I'm not going on holiday this year. It's a really cute bubblegum pink with white polka dots a halter neck strap. My mum thought it looked very 50's, and I agree! It's really sweet. The bottoms are just classic briefs. This was £8 from Primark. I'm loving high waisted bikini bottoms at the moment, so I might have to pick some up.

Well, this is it from my personal May haul, rather than just my birthday gains! I hope you liked it. I've managed to rake in a lot of clothes and nice bits and bobs this year, and I'm hoping that June will be the month when all my summer gear is settled down for July and August. Until next time! Thank you.
- Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment